Thursday, March 3, 2016

#MMBBR Showcase Kill Me Again by @RachelAbbott





When your life is a lie, who can you trust? 

When Maggie Taylor accepts a new job in Manchester, she is sure it is the right move for her family. The children have settled well although her husband, Duncan, doesn’t appear to be so convinced. 

But nothing prepares her for the shock of coming home from work one night to find that Duncan has disappeared, leaving their young children alone. His phone is dead, and she has no idea where he has gone, or why. And then she discovers she’s not the only one looking for him. 

When a woman who looks just like Maggie is brutally murdered and DCI Tom Douglas is brought in to investigate, Maggie realises how little she knows about Duncan’s past. Is he the man she loves? Who is he running from? 

She doesn’t have long to decide whether to trust him or betray him. Because one thing has been made clear to Maggie – another woman will die soon, and it might be her. 

Praise for Kill Me Again

'This surpasses the previous novels; I was wowed by Kill Me Again on many different levels...'CleopatraLovesBooks 

“This one had me awake into the early hours….the twists and turns of the story absolutely gripped me – the pacing is relentless, the timing perfect – and at no point did I guess the unexpected and shocking conclusion. Edge-of-your-seat page turner certainly captures it for me. This was one of the best thrillers I’ve read in a while.” BeingAnneReading 

“What an incredibly thrilling read this was…An absolutely brilliant book which left me feeling completely exhausted with a twist right at the very end that I NEVER saw coming at all!” Kimthebookworm 

‘Darkly complex…full of mystery, intrigue and well-paced action…It is exciting and engrossing and kept me up well past bedtime. I’ll be thinking about this story, and some of the issues it raises, for a long time. I believe it’s the author’s best book to date. Thoroughly recommended” Kath Middleton, Goodreads 

Praise for Rachel Abbott 

“Rachel Abbott will keep you guessing long into the night, and just as soon as you’ve figured it out…thing again!” Suspense Magazine 

“I was left speechless in the first chapter and couldn’t put it down for hours. Rachel is amazing at building tension and keeping you turning page after page” Crime Book Club 

“Absorbing, complex and brilliantly planned. 10/10.” Novelicious 


Rachel Abbott

Rachel Abbott's debut thriller, Only the Innocent, was an international bestseller, reaching the number one position in the Amazon charts both in the UK and US. This was followed by the number one bestselling novels The Back Road, Sleep Tight and Stranger Child. Nowhere Child - a short novel based on the characters from Stranger Child - is Rachel's fifth book.

In 2015 Amazon celebrated the first five years of the Kindle in the UK, and announced that Rachel was the number one bestselling independent author over the five-year period. She was also placed fourteenth in the chart of all authors. Stranger Child was the most borrowed novel for the Kindle in the first half of 2015.

Rachel now lives in Alderney - a beautiful island off the coast of France, and is now able to devote time to her other love - writing fiction. For more information, see Rachel's website, or follow her on Twitter.

Buy the books HERE



Q.  What inspires your writing?
A. People. Relationships. I like to work out what makes people tick, and what might make them do really bad things – not always intentionally.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A. I love getting inside the heads of my characters and asking the question ‘what will he/she do now?’ – it’s not me any more. I’m somebody else for a while.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A. As an independent author I do all my own marketing. Around the time of launch I work horrendously long days – 15 hours, 7 days a week sometimes. My life gets out of balance, and I need to be smarter about that.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A. At my age I would be a retired lady who could go out and meet friends for coffee or lunch and the rest of the time do a bit of gardening and read a few more books.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A. No regrets

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. A very spooky story, with amazingly clear characters.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A. I’d love to say Scarlett O’Hara, but that’s not true. People don’t write books about characters like me. I’m too ordinary!

Q.  What character from all of your books are you most like?
A. Emma from Stranger Child. I suspect there’s a bit of me in all of my characters - but Emma is the one who has most of me, I think. Mind you, how she managed to overlook the reliable, gorgeous Tom for his wild, unpredictable brother, I’m not quite sure. Or maybe I am!

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A. Well as people tend to suffer major traumas and very possibly death inside my novels, I’m not sure any of them are vacation material. I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to live in any aspect of Only the Innocent or Sleep Tight. Too much bitchy behavior in The Back Road, and Emma’s child is abducted in Stranger Child – so none of them would be ideal!


Q.  What is your favorite season?
A. All of them. I genuinely love every season of the year. If I had to really choose I would choose right now – end of February. The sun is shining here in the Channel Islands, but the air is cool. It’s gorgeous, and the sea looks beautiful.

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A. I have a great graphics designer. He used to work for me in the dim and distant past, and he was always a star. The covers are always inspired by the stories. I always loved the Sleep Tight cover because it lifts itself off the page – it has a luminosity. I love the Nowhere Child cover – that girl has such a stunning face. But I think right now Kill Me Again has to be my favourite.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A. Well, I wasn’t particularly amused at the time, but I turned up in one store to do a book signing, and the shop was promoting the signing – only not for my book! They were promoting the signing of a book about yachting in the Channel Islands. They hastily found me a corner and stuck a quick poster outside – but it taught me a valuable lesson! From now on, I will produce my own posters and take them with me.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A. Kill Me Again was published yesterday, so it’s very early days. But I have had a couple of ideas in my head for a few months, and I can’t wait to start to write them down.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  I would love to say thank you to any and all of you who have read my books. I have the most amazingly loyal readers, many of whom attended my recent online launch party and joined in hours of fun and competitions. I would love for those of you reading this post to join their numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...