Thursday, March 3, 2016

#MMBBR Art Through Stories: Happy Animals by Gerald Hawksley



Happy cat.
Happy dog.
Happy frog, on a log.
Happy owl, in a tree.
Happy ducks. One, two, three.

A book of happy animal pictures with simple rhyming text, and a happy ending!


I used this today in my Art Through Stories class and the kids went nuts. It is perfect for a read aloud. It is simple and adorable and gave me lots of chances to talk about animals, their sounds, the colors of the animals and so much more. I also made some adorable art projects: worm coming out of the ground, three ducks in the pond, an elephant mask and a snail.  There are endless ways to make this book into an experience for your child. A hit for sure!  5 stars


Art projects based on the book:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...