Monday, May 2, 2016

#MMBBR #NewRelease #Showcase Mimi Plus Two by Whitney Dineen @WhitneyDineen


**********************************************


**********************************************
Synopsis:

Mimi Finnegan is back and funnier than ever!
Mimi has it all. She’s marrying the love of her life, about to have his baby and is moving into the house of her dreams.

Things couldn't be better! Until her wedding, that is, when everyone toasts to her perfect life.

Not one to tempt the fates, Mimi is sure her loved ones are jinxing her future happiness. Enter pregnancy drama, aristocratic in-laws and catastrophic postpartum depression. Mimi’s journey is hilarious, heart-warming and borderline insane. Hormonal hell leaves her questioning her husband’s origins, prepping for the end of the world and wondering if her sanity will ever return.
This book is for every woman who understands that love, laughter and tears are the very foundation of being a wife, mother and daughter-in-law.
**********************************************

Thirty-four year old, Mimi Finnegan, is the third of four daughters and in her eyes, by far, the most unremarkable. She has no singular accomplishment that can stand up to any of her sisters. And if that isn’t enough, she is the only single sibling in her family. 

Mimi’s sisters decide that it’s time she gets serious about husband hunting, so they begin a campaign to find Mr. Right. Considering her most recent dating encounters include a night club owner who stuffs bratwurst in his pants and a WASPy trust fund baby, living happily under his mother’s thumb, Mimi is more than ready to meet THE ONE. Enter celebrated British novelist, Elliot Fielding. 

Sexual tension and anger heat up between the duo and it isn’t until Mimi discovers that Elliot is almost engaged to another that she realizes she is head-over-heels in love with him. 

The journey will make you laugh, cry and want to pull your hair out from frustration! Mimi eventually learns she is quite remarkable in her own right and never needed to worry she lived in her sisters shadows. 

The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan is the perfect laugh-out-loud, feel good book for any woman who has ever felt that she wasn’t good enough. 


**********************************************

Whitney Dineen
While attending the University of Illinois in Chicago, Whitney Dineen was discovered by a local modeling agent and began an unexpected career as a plus-size Ford model. She modeled in New York City before moving to Los Angeles with her husband.
When she wasn’t modeling, she was in the kitchen, baking delights to share with friends. Soon, her friends began asking her to send baskets of her wonderful candies and cookies to business associates, agents and production studios. Word spread like wildfire, and the rest, as they say, is history. Whitney’s sensational creations are still in great demand by her loyal celebrity clientele.
During “The Hollywood Years,” Whitney was bitten by the writing bug and started creating characters that are inspired by strong women with a great sense of humor.
In addition to her love of chick-lit, Whitney has also written a series of adventure books for middle readers The first of which, Wilhelmina and the Willamette Wig Factory, is available now.
Whitney and her husband, Jimmy, have recently relocated to the beautiful Pacific Northwest to raise their children, chickens and organic vegetables.
**********************************************


Q.  What inspires your writing?

A. I never quite know what muse is going to grab me. One book was inspired by anger, another by a bunion... I just kind of go with the flow :)

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an writer?

A. I never know what's going to happen next in my books. I'd say my favorite thing is going on the journey as a reader as well as
the writer. I'm always saying, "Oh my gosh, I had NO idea that was going to happen!"
A huge bonus, though, is getting to work from home so I can be around while my kids are growing up. Love. That.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an writer?

A. When inspiration hits at 4 a.m. and you know you have to get up and get the story out before you lose it. Not enough coffee in the world for that kind of crazy.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?

A. I was a plus-size model for twenty years and I had a celebrity based gift basket business for fifteen. Writing is the thing I always dreamed of doing. I suppose if I couldn't do it anymore I'd get another twenty chickens and some miniature fainting goats and make the most of pretending to be a farmer.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A. Expect the Unexpected and Don't Forget the Cookies

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A. There is no way I can answer this. So many books have come into my life at a time when they became the favorite of the moment. I will tell you this, though, I love to laugh. I want to be charmed and entertained and taken away. For this reason,Fannie Flagg and Maeve Binchey have always been two of my favorite authors. In rom com and chick lit, I love Sophie Kinsella (so much so Mimi names her baby after her), Marian Keyes and Jane Green. 

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A. I'm a married, older version of Bridget Jones.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?

A. I'm most like Mimi Finnegan. She's my soul sister and I miss her like the dickens when we're not writing together or complaining about our bunions.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?

A. Pride and Prejudice, hands down. I don't even think this needs explaining.

Q.  What do you want to be remembered for 100 years from now?

A. I want to be remembered for making people laugh. There isn't enough laughter. We're all so busy running around taking everything so seriously and worrying about everything. Laugh, people! Let's enjoy the ride while we're still on it.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Autumn! I'm not one of these gals that likes extremes, unless of course we're talking a desert buffet, then just lay it on me. I don't want to be too hot or too cold. I moved to the Pacific Northwest to have cooler summers and warmer winters and just plain more fall.

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?

A. My book covers are done by an artist from Romania. Somehow, Irina just teleports into my head
and pulls out exactly the right image for my stories. I'm hard-pressed to pick a favorite.
Though if you forced me and threatened to take my brownie away, I'd say Mimi Plus Two. There are hints about the book that you just don't get until you're immersed in it.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. OMG, my first book signing ever was held at a bookstore in our state's capital. The newspaper had just run an article on me and included the info about the signing.
The only problem is they posted the wrong store location. They told everyone it was in the branch downtown and my signing was at the other store. So, the downtown store
gets quite a crowd gathering, but I'm not there. The store I'm at has one older couple and a middle aged man with a ponytail, not my typical demographic. It turns out they weren't there
to see me, they were there for the poetry reading at the other store.

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A. Yes, I am! I'm working on the second book of my middle reader series and also on Mini Mimis, the third book of the Mimi Chronicles.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?


A.   I appreciate it so much when readers take a chance on a new author. I'm always thrilled to discover someone new, especially when they have multiple books out. If you love to suspend reality and enjoys a good giggle, give me a shot. My second rom com, The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan is free on kindle from May 2- May 6.



**********************************************




**********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...