Monday, February 6, 2012

A post for my brother: Mother Theresa-DO IT ANYWAY

A while back I was able to donate my stem cells to help cure by brother's cancer.  Today, my brother will receive the stem cells during a stem cell transplant.  Today I want to take a moment to say how much I love my brother.  He is one of the most amazing people you could ever meet.  I admire his strength, courage and positive outlook.  Today I pray that he will find the strength in the upcoming days and weeks to fight and beat this cancer.  I am dedicating this post to my big brother, my hero!!!  This poem captures Chad's personality, no matter what life throws at him he continues to be a person who lives his life with integrity.  


DO IT ANYWAY:

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Emily:
    I'll be praying for your brother. He has a gift in you. Because you stepped up to the plate to donate something precious of yourself to help cure him, but also because you love him so much.
    I'll be thinking of him. Keep us posted as to his progress
    Teresa R.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...