Saturday, September 17, 2016

#MMBBR #Showcase The Oregon Kids: The Big Catch by Bob Richley



Every parent wants to teach their children good character traits and values.

Bob Richley

Bob Richley is a parent who has volunteered for years in children’s ministry. Teaching children good values and the grace of God are his passions.


Q.  What inspires your writing?
A. I have a passion for fathers being involved with their kids, so my children's stories have the dad as a strong character who is very involved with his children. My faith in God is also an inspiration for both my children's books and my poetry.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A. I love having an outlet for my feelings and creativity.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A. Marketing.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A. I have a day job as a computer programmer, but my dream is working with children. I've done that through volunteering and now I have my own children.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A. A Life of Love and Devotion Pursued.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A. Abba's Child by Brennan Manning.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A. I hope I'm like Atticus Finch, at least I want to be.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A. There's a little of me in the Dad character in my Oregon Kids series.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A. It's hard to admit because I'm a guy, but I love Heidi.

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A. Autumn.

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A. My publisher does my covers, but I do like the cover to The Grapes of Wrath.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A. I brought balloons to my first signing. Of course, the kids loved to pop them which was probably very disturbing to the venue's customers.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A. I just finished making final revisions to the second book in the Oregon Kids series. I plan to make final revisions to the third very soon. A while ago, I began a fantasy book like the Lord of the Rings. Maybe one day, I'll dust it off and work on it again.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  I want to encourage all parents to read with their children and discuss the values presented in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...