Sunday, October 7, 2012

Showcase: Jennifer Knight

Jennifer Knight
Jennifer Knight

Blood on the Moon (Blood on the Moon, #1)When we first met Faith Reynolds in Jennifer Knight’Blood on the Moon, she was trying to deal with the hardships of the average college freshman. But before long, she found herself entrenched in the deep-seated battle between werewolves and vampires. 

Blood Crave (Blood on the Moon, #2)
Now in the much-anticipated sequel, Blood Crave, Faith has a boyfriend, a newfound power to sense other people’s emotions—and best of all, she’s still alive. But with a vampire uprising on the horizon, she’s not out of the woods yet. Faith will have to master her new powers, face her bestfriend when he wakes up as a werewolf-vampire hybrid, and convince a werewolf packmaster to prepare for an epic battle. Lose yourself once more in the deliciously suspenseful world of werewolves versus vampires, otherworldly boys with deadly charm, and addictive, spine-tingling action and romance! 










 Q.  What inspires your writing?

A.  Mostly, other authors’ writing. When I read a book I truly love, one that’s exceptionally written, I get inspired to write. Even if it’s just a small element of the book – a character I like, however minor, a setting, or a concept – reading about it usually makes me want to try it for myself, but with my own twist.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an author?

A.  Hands down, when someone emails you to rave about how much they loved your book. As an author, you get a lot of bad reviews (no matter how awesome you are, you still get them!), so when someone freaking loves what you wrote . . . well, it makes everything worth it.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an author?

A.  Besides the bad reviews (and man, do they suck), it’s got to be the self-doubt. When you’ve read a manuscript over twenty times, the words begin to lose their meaning. You have to rely on your gut to steer you though, and if you’re not confident, you can get lost. I have trouble with that at times. It helps to have awesome critique partners.

Q.  If you could not be author, what would you do/be?

A. I have no idea. Before I started writing, I was lost in the educational labyrinth that is college. If I hadn’t stumbled upon writing . . . I don’t know, I guess I’d be a teacher or something.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A.  Life of a Hopeless Procrastinator… or something…I don’t know, I’ll think about it later.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A.  Duh. Harry Potter 1-7 (I realize this is technically 7 books, but you simply can’t tear HP apart!)

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A.  Wow, good question. I’d like to think I’m the strong, sarcastic type like Rose from the Vampire Academy books. More likely, though, I’m someone like Cassel from Black Cat – a loner, but with sass.

Q.  What character from all of your books are you most like?

A. I’m pretty much like Faith. She’s kind of antisocial, but loyal to the friends she has. She’s spunky and brave and determined to prove herself. I like to think I have a little of each of those qualities in me at times.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Fall. Summer in Miami is impossibly hot and winter (even here) is too cold for me. Late fall is juuuust right. Plus – hello – Halloween!

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?

A. Well, truth be told I don’t have much say in the design on my books covers. The awesome team at Running Press takes care of that for me. But, for sure my favorite cover is the most recent one for Blood Crave. Faith looks like a sexy beast and Lucas is on the cover, too!

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. I fear I haven’t been promoting long enough to have accumulated any funny stories, so I’ll just give you a highlight. Easily, the best time I’ve had was on Figment, when I hosted game night. When I logged onto the forum, everyone was so amazed to have an author there – it made me feel like a mini-celebrity. Easily the best feeling ever.

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A.  Yes! I’m currently working on a new series about demons and faeries. It’s a darker story than the Blood on the Moon series, but still a love story at heart. I don’t think I can write a book without a love story in it.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A.  I think you’re awesome for stopping in and caring about this for a few minutes. In my head, I’m totally hugging you. And not in a weird way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...