Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: A Perfect Husband by Douglas Wickard




I absolutely loved this book!!! Douglas Wickard did an awesome job of weaving this tale of mystery and suspense.  Smitty was a perfect husband with a dark side that kept you on the edge of you seat.  Sami wanted a fresh start to a life that had been a little rough lately but what she finds is a serial killer. The book made me want to go check out my basement and make sure all was well.   The book was a page turner and I could not put it down.  I would highly recommend this book.  I give it 5 stars.

Book Description

 January 24, 2012
An abandoned cabin… a diabolical killer…a hidden cemetery… a deadly secret is about to be uncovered.

Far from the neon blur of Manhattan – the dizzy buzz of restaurants, theater openings and one too many cocktails – located seventy-two miles outside the City in the sleepy, rural township of Montague, New Jersey, Sami Saxton is looking to rebuild her life. A rebirth, one might call it. And, she intends to do this spiritual resurrection in a small, abandoned fishing cabin, built over forty years ago by her deceased father.

Not quite abandoned…

A lethal serial killer has taken up residence in the basement of Sami’s remote cottage, using her father’s carpenter table for a hobby much more sinister than woodcutting.

Sequestered deep within forty-two acres of tall pine trees, bristling brooks and fresh water lakes, Sami Saxton is about to fight for her life.

The hard truth… nobody will ever hear her scream!



*To view Emily's showcase with Douglas, click HERE


Kindle


1 comment:

  1. What a great review of A Perfect Husband! I will definitely have to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...