Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie



I think this book was fantastic.  It really made me realize that life does move on without us and that we must live in every moment and strive for happiness, each and everyday!  

I am not sure what I would do if I came back from a trip and found out everyone I know and love had thought I was dead for quite some time.  Emma, the main character, faces just that when she arrives home from a trip (urged by her mother on her deathbed) to Africa.  This novel is smart, funny and often nerve wracking and frustrating.  Can you imagine trying to gain back everything in your life when some have moved on and forgotten you?  This novel brings us on a thought provoking journey of rediscovering what is really important and taking hold of what is rightly ours!  I really enjoyed it and rate it 4.5 stars.   



ForgottenAbout the book: Emma Tupper, a young lawyer with a bright future, sets out on a journey after her mother’s death: to Africa, a place her mother always wanted to visit. But her mother’s dying gift has unexpected consequences. Emma falls ill during the trip and is just recovering when a massive earthquake hits, turning her one-month vacation into a six-month ordeal. 

When Emma returns home, she’s shocked to find that her friends and colleagues believed she was dead, that her apartment has been rented to a stranger and that her life has gone on without her. Can Emma pick up where she left off? Should she? As Emma struggles to recreate her old life, everyone around her thinks she should change – her job, her relationships, and even herself. But does she really want to sacrifice everything she’s working so hard to gain?





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...