Thursday, April 28, 2016

#MMBBR #Showcase Going Back by Jennifer Young


Going Back (Lake Garda Series, #2) Kindle Edition


Q.  What inspires your writing?
A.   Location, location, location! Almost all of my books have been wholly or partly inspired by a place.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A.  I love being able to use my imagination. And to stare out of the window on a daydream and, when asked what I’m doing, I say: “I’m working”!

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A.  I hate asking people to buy my books, read them, and write a review (but you all will…won’t you?)

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A.  I don’t know! Before I was a writer I worked for an economics consultancy but I don’t know if I could do that again. I think I’d have to start all over again — but it would have to involve words. 

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A.  I’m terrible at titles. I would call it: My Life, and hope my publisher could come up with something better!

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A.  Peter Hoeg’s Miss Smilla’s Feeling For Snow. Smilla is a smart, feisty heroine AND she’s a scientist. Power to the girl!

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A.   Piglet in Winnie the Pooh.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A.   That’s much harder. I use a little bit of me in all of them, but I give them qualities I don’t have. I think I’m most like Flora, from Looking For Charlotte — middle aged and a little insecure, but still with plenty to offer the world.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A.   Wuthering Heights would be exciting and dramatic, but I wouldn’t want to stay there too long.

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A.  I like them all, but my favourite is always the next one to come. It gives me something to look forward to. At the moment I’m dreaming of summer. 

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A.  I like all my book covers. I’m a terrible designer and someone did them for me. My favourite is Looking for Charlotte, which just captures exactly what the book is about.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A.  Right now I’m working on the third book in the Lake Garda series, which I’ve just finished and need to edit. And I’m planning another series, slightly different. It’ll be romantic suspense: the hero is a policeman and the heroine is a very radical political activist.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  Never stop reading. Books broaden your mind and keep you company. They help you through every mood and they give you an escape when your life is dull or difficult. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...