Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: There's a Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse by Jessie Clemence



There's a Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse: And Other Ways Motherhood Changes Us

Book Description

March 1, 2013
The reality of motherhood can often be more challenging than expected, as it involves life-changing adjustments mentally, emotionally, and physically. In Jessie Clemence's book, There's a Green Monkey in My Purse, readers can find hope and encouragement for the journey. Creatively written in a casual voice and with engaging humor, it explores the traits and skills of a mother from God's perspective, shares the author's personal experiences as a mother of two, and encourages readers to draw closer to God. Readers can discover how to display humility, patience, and love not only in parenting, but also in every other area of their lives.



I love that there is not only honesty, but truth, humor and great information in THERE"S A GREEN PLASTIC MONKEY IN MY PURSE.  I found myself feeling empowered and less alone on my motherhood journey.  We, as mothers, want to be the best mother we can.  Jessie Clemence talks about all that and more.  She discussed things such as wanting to be a selfless mother, a happy mother, fearless mother a pretty mother and so much more.  There is inspiration sprinkled within too.  I am a spiritual woman, but not overly religious woman and I found the spiritual advise and information to be quite spot on.  I highly recommend this for mother and rate it 5 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...