Saturday, July 13, 2013

Showcase: Charlotte L R Kane

ckcover10
Whisper – Book 1, released 15th September 2012
Whisper is the first book from Charlotte Kane and was published on September 15th 2012. Whisper is a collection of short stories with recurring themes of hurt, pain and love. Whisper is a must read for anyone who is a fan of the darker side of Love. Each story is no more than 5000 words, perfect for people who require a quick read.
2 (2)
Tea Time Tales – Book 2, released  17th December 2012
Tea Time Tales is the second book by Charlotte Kane and was published on December 17th 2012. It is a collection of short short stories that are under 250 words each with a short collection of poetry at the end. Various themes throughout the story but includes humour, hurt and love. Tea Time Tales was published December 17th 2012 by Tin Hut Tales
IDo_LG
I Do – Book 3, released April 26th 2013
I Do is about a woman who was murdered by her fiance as she walked down the aisle to be married in 1963. In the present day, 2013, a woman named Bryony is due to be married and when attends a venue, an old castle, she is possessed by the old ghost. The ghost tells Bryony that she has to help her to move on, and when Bryony continues with the wedding the ghost begins to get angry and tries to sabotage the wedding. Will Bryony be able to help the ghost move on or will Bryony’s wedding be cancelled?


Q.  What inspires your writing?

A. A lot of things in daily life. I hear or see something and I get an idea. I don't necessarily write it but I do like to think how it would end in my mind

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an author?
A. Saying that I am an author and seeing the looks on people's faces. One person told me she had never spoken to an author before and it was great to talk to me

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an author?
A. Marketing. Getting your books out there is hard, especially when you lack confidence to stand there and be like 'hey check my books out'. Also editing, I use free grammar sites and mates to get the deed done

Q.  If you could not be author, what would you do/be?
A. The same as I am now - an admin officer for my local authority, but probs more stressed than usually am because I wouldn't be able to write my stress out on my characters

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A. Life is a Rollercoaster - The ups and downs of Charlotte Kane

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A. This is hard because it changes with each book. But one would I could not live without in my life is Harry Potter series. There is something magical about that book and it will always be in my heart. It got me my best friend as we started talking due to watching Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone at school

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A. Oo that's hard, I don't really compare. But I would have to say Hermione for an answer - she likes to read and people see her as the nerd but in the end she gets some great friends that love her for her. That's me all over. Misunderstood and easily judged.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A. I haven't really written enough of one character to answer really, due to my stories being short stories. But any that suffer from pain and being misunderstood is me

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A. Game of Thrones - I would LOVE to visit Winterfell and King's Landing. Also Harry Potter just because Hogsmede would be a great vacation spot

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A. Summer - one it's my birthday season. But not too hot, just warm enough for the beach and park walks :)

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A. I Do is my favourite. I held a competition with just the blurb from the book and that was what was designed. My others were done by my designer friend, Lindri Hopkins, and they were inspired by the themes of the book

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A. I haven't done much of this. But again just someone going "you've been published. omg that's fantastic" because all I reply is "thanks. it's hard"

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A. Oh yes, a war time short story and then I am hoping to be able to work on some novels that I have on the go. One is a murder/crime/thriller one, another is a Vampire Novel and one future one is an old worldy type one with queens, kings and arranged marriages.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  Hi :). If anyone feels up to it please visit http://charlottekane.wordpress.com and check out more about my books and upcoming works. Also, if any of you are thinking of publishing then go ahead. Don't let anyone put you down, it's a hard job but the pride you will feel when you have done it means more than someone's opinions (although it can be difficult)

Thank you for featuring me



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...