Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mandy's Romance Corner Reviews!!!




Dinosaurs &  Cherry Stems

Dinosaurs and Cherry Stems by Susan Jean Ricci

Mandy's thoughts: This was a really great book.  It was an interesting tale of a middle age woman who is in search of another relationship after divorcing twice.  She joins an internet dating service to find someone.  Let me tell you she meets all kinds of men on this site – weirdoes and wackos galore.  Then she meets Jay and things click into place.  Susan does a wonderful job of bringing you into the story and keeping you there.  There was laughter and a happy ending.  I give this book 3 stars.



Rain on Your Wedding Day

Rain on Your Wedding Day by Curtis Edmonds

Mandy's thoughts:  This is heartfelt story of love, lost, tragedy and rebirth.  Will is a man who was accused of murdering one of his daughters but never convicted.  He goes off by himself and becomes a recluse.  He gets his annual call from his other daughter telling him she is getting married and he is expected to be there for the wedding.  This is a story the makes you feel for Will and root for him till the very end.  The author does a brilliant job of writing the story and makes the reader feel for the characters.  I give this book 3 stars.


Gracier
Gracier by Milissa R Bailey

Mandy's thoughts: This a great book to read.  Bailey does an awesome job of writing her debut novel.  It is full of mystery, love and heartache.  Past secrets are revealed that could shatter the lives of some in the town of Gracier, Iowa.  This book kept me captivated until the very end; I couldn't put it down.  I would definitely recommend this book.  I give it 4 stars.







Between the Covers
Between the Covers by:       

Mandy's thoughts: TEASE, TEASE, TEASE.  That is what this book is a big fat giant tease but oh what a wonderful book it is.  This book contains portions of books by some of today’s hottest authors and is a great way to see if you would actually enjoy reading this book.  After reading this e-book sampler I found that I would actually read most of the books in this collection.  I would recommend reading this book.  I give it 4 stars.

FREE:



Blaze of Winter (Star Harbor #2)

Blaze of Winter by Elisabeth Barrett 

Mandy's thoughts:This is book two in the series of the Grayson brothers.  Theo Grayson is brilliant writer who has a bad case of writers block.  He heads home to Star Harbor hoping to find his muse and get back into the swing of things.  Avery Newbridge is back in Star Harbor to help her aunt out at the Inn and becomes Theo’s muse.  Elisabeth witty humor and lovely writing kept my engrossed in the book until the wee hours.  I love this series of the Grayson brothers and Theo makes a very sexy bookish nerd.  I give it 4 stars.


 
Slow Summer Burn by Elisabeth Barrett 

Mandy's thoughts: This is book four in the series of the Grayson brothers.  I have read all four books in this series and have loved every single one of them.  The series is set in the small town of Star Harbor on the East Coast.  Val Grayson is a DEA agent trying to close a drug running ring.  Cameron Stahl is part of the elite lifestyle of the rich and has connections to help out Val.  Sparks fly, the drug ring is brought down and love conquers all.  Elisabeth brings everything to life through her artistic writings, witty banter, and not to mention pirate legends.  I was hooked from the very beginning and could not put the book down.  I loved this book.  It is my favorite of the series.  I give the book 4 stars.


 Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Forgotten Sins by Rebecca Zanetti 

Mandy's thoughts:  Rebecca Zanetti is one of my go to authors.  I absolutely love her writing.  The alpha males draw the readers in and keep them there until the very end.  Shane is the perfect alpha male who will do anything to protect the woman he loves.  Shane is an engineered solider who wants his chance at happy ever after.  Rebecca does a brilliant job of laying the ground work of this tale and makes you want to find out what really happened to Shane and root for him to have his happy ever after.  The story is fast paced, edge of your seat and kept me up until I finished it.  I can’t wait for the next book in the series.  I give this book 5 fabulous stars.


Mine to Take

Mine to Take by Cynthia Eden 

Mandy's thoughts: Skye Sullivan has a stalker after her and turns to the only man who can help her Trace Weston.  Trace is a previous lover who has no intension of letting Skye go this time.  He will protect her till the very end to save her.  This book is a suspense filled mystery, fast paced, emotion filled, edge of your seat masterpiece.  I loved this book.  I give 5 stars for the brilliant Cynthia Eden.


 Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4)
Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning

Mandy's thoughts: In this next installment of the Sinners on tour book we get to see Eric Sticks find the woman of his dreams.  Rebekah Blake becomes the Sinners’ new sound board operator and finds that Eric is the only one who can make her wicked dreams come true.  Olivia Cunning delivers another wicked smash hit with this book.  Olivia is one of my favorite authors that I always read.  She is a brilliant author who makes your wicked imagination come to life.  Makes me want to go out and find myself a wicked rock star of my own.  I give this book 5 stars.


 A Novel Obsession (Novel Series, #1)
A Novel Obession by Jeff Joseph 

Mandy's thoughts: Jeff Joseph does a wonderful job in this suspense novel.  He draws people in and keeps them entertained until the very end with this mystery.  There is mystery, thrills and romance.  I could not put this book down.  The end was very surprising with all the twists and turns involved in this book.  I recommend this book as a great read.  I give it 4 stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...