Monday, September 24, 2012

Showcase: Fallen by Laury Falter




Fallen - the first book in the Guardian Trilogy...

Maggie is unaware of the terrifying fate that awaits her. It isn’t until she lands in New Orleans for a full year at a private high school and her unknown enemies find her does she realize that her life is in danger. 

As a mystifying stranger repeatedly intervenes and blocks the attempts on her life, she begins to learn that there is more to him than his need to protect her and that he may be the key to understanding why her enemies have just now arrived. 


*************************************************************************

Laury Falter is the author of the bestselling Guardian Trilogy. She writes young adult paranormal romances when she's not taking her stray dogs for a walk or enjoying a date night with her husband.

Laury has a second series out now as well - Residue Series - which is a spinoff of the Guardian Trilogy. The first two books are released with the third installment coming out in November 2012.

Find out more news and information about Laury and her novels at her website: http://www.lauryfalter.com  on Twitter (@LauryFalter) or on Facebook.
*************************************************************************
Q&A

 Q.  What inspires your writing?

A.  I started writing my first book in January 2009, after Joyce Durham lost her battle to colon cancer. I am good friends with her daughter, Erika, who was then faced with the very difficult task of learning how to deal with the loss of her mother. Witnessing her struggle and that of the Durham family, I wished there was someone who could visit with those who had passed over to the other side and bring back messages to the living, reassuring them that all was fine with their loved one. And from it, Magdalene Tanner was born. I went on to write FALLEN in just under two months, releasing it in March 2009. It since has since been given top rankings by readers on Goodreads for: Best Paranormal Romance Books Of All Time, Books That Should Be Made In to Movies, Books I Became So Obsessed With I Stopped Everything Else In My Life To Finish, Best Break Out Author Novels!, Best Unknown Young Adult Books, Books Good Enough To Read Again, Best Inspiring Books, YA Fallen Angels, Young Adult Romance.

Beyond that, it is incredibly fulfilling when readers get excited about any one of my books. To put it simply, I write for them.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an author?

A.  Bringing a couple’s love to life on the pages so that they can rouse the reader’s emotions. Along those same lines, knowing I’m taking my readers away from the onslaught of daily life for a brief vacation is incredibly rewarding.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an author?

A.  Deadlines! I try to turn around a book every few months and that can be a grueling schedule. Ugh!

Q.  If you could not be author, what would you do/be?

A. I was a full-time marketing professional until I lost my job last summer. To pay the bills, I wrote the second book of the Guardian Trilogy. Thankfully, people liked it! If they didn’t, I’d still be putting together marketing plans.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A.  The Memoir of an Odd Little Writer

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A.  The Bridge to Terabithia. It was the first book I read as a child that made me cry, and it still makes me tear up when I think about it now. An absolutely wonderful read!

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A.  Margaret Simon, from Judy Blume’s book “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret”. Like her, I have great inner dialogue that is constantly rambling through my head.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?

A. Magdalene “Maggie” Tanner. I completely connect with her unwavering dedication to protect others.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Fall. I LOVE Halloween. What other day of the year can you dress up like a zombie and no one will think you’re crazy, or run screaming from you?

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?

A. The online versions of the Guardian Trilogy have a lot of white space in the background because I sold Fallen first on my personal website and didn’t want to waste anyone’s printer ink when printing the book.  The remaining novels followed suit. This worked out, thankfully, because the colors (or lack of) represent a great contrast between good and evil.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. To be honest, I haven’t really promoted my books. Isn’t it funny that marketers are the least likely to promote themselves? My books have been promoted mostly through word-of-mouth. The Orange Country Children’s Book Festival on September 30th will be my first book signing. If anything funny happens there - and I’m crossing my fingers something does because I love to laugh - I’ll be sure to tell you!

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A.  Yes! I have a new series out - the Residue Series - with two of the four books in the series now available, Residue and Birthright. Simplifying the summary, it’s about a teenage girl who learns she comes from a long line of distinguished witches and falls in love with a handsome, charming boy in the midst of their families’ feud.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A.  If you enjoy being taken away for a little while by a romantic story set in a paranormal world, check out Laury Falter’s books at www.lauryfalter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...