Saturday, May 25, 2013

Movie Review: Beverly Lewis' the Confession (2013)



Raised by an Amish family, Katie Lapp (Katie Leclerc, TV's "Switched at Birth") starts a quest to find her birth-mother, Laura Mayfield-Bennett (Sherry Stringfield, TV's "ER"). Along the way, two very different men try to help her overcome a devious scheme to steal her rightful inheritance and divide her heart between two worlds.



I have to admit that I usually like to read the books first before I watch a movie based on a book.  But when I watched The Confession, I was really drawn into the story.  I don't know much about the Amish or the genre of Amish literature, but found this movie to be be quite entertaining.  It had love, suspense, family relationships in various forms and drama, all wrapped into 88 minutes of entertainment.  This movie is the second in a trilogy.  I loved that the movie was quickly paced, the story unraveling fast while maintaining the suspense and intrigue.  I really disliked some of the characters and wanted to yell at the screen because of their deceitful doings and downright shameful behavior.  I loved other characters for their tenderness and honesty and care.  This movie was beautifully acted and the emotions of the characters jumped from the screen.   This was a great adaptation from book to movie.  I can only imagine how good the book was based on this great movie.  I rate it 4 stars!

About the books by Beverly Lewis:

The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1)

Book 1 in The Heritage of Lancaster County. Katie Lapp only knew the Amish ways, but when she discovers a satin infant gown in her parents' attic, her hidden past devastates the community she has always called home.

movie

book



The Confession (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #2)

Leaving behind her cloistered Amish life, Katie Lapp seeks the mother she has never known. A heart-rending tale of compassion and betrayal. Heritage of Lancaster County book 2.

movie



book



The Reckoning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #3)

Book 3 in The Heritage of Lancaster County. The long-awaited conclusion to a beloved trilogy! Katherine Mayfield must find the peace that once reigned in her mother's heart before she can embrace her first love again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...