Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Showcase/Review: Thou Shall Not by Tina Glasneck


Thou Shall Not (The /Eks/ Series, #1)

Bodies are piling up in Richmond, Virginia, mutilated, and tagged. A serial killer metes out justice to those that have escaped it, and Alexandria Xandy Caras is on the list. Two years have passed since the workplace massacre; six months since the day her charge of murder was dismissed. When innocent “fan” letters become aggressive acts, Xandy finds herself seeking help from Police Captain, Victor Hawthorne. He doesn’t believe in coincidences. Can he keep her safe when all signs point to her as being the killer’s ultimate target? Only Xandy’s death can make it all stop, silencing the deranged killer, who wants more than revenge, but true repentance. Some things are worth KILLING for.

Tina standing with the proof of her book, THOU SHALL NOT
Tina standing with her book, THOU SHALL NOT
Tina Glasneck is the author of THOU SHALL NOT, a gritty suspense, set in Richmond, Virginia, where a serial killer is seeking recompense for justice’s failure. As one reviewer on Amazon said, “This is definitely NOT just another cozy mystery. Gritty, with authentic dialogue, the author builds a serial killer as if she knows them from the inside-out.” Thou Shall Not is available in Trade Paperback and in Kindle edition.
The second story in the series, ANGELS CRY, is scheduled for release in March 2013. Connect with Tina through Facebook, on Twitter or at her website at tinaglasneck.com.


A Writer That Loves To READ
January 2013 marked nine months since I’d jumped into the hot soup of being an Indie author. The past few months have been filled with appearances, signings, and being creative, but what I’ve learned the most is the importance of reading!

I sort of equate this to being a food lover and watching culinary shows on the Food Network. Sometimes the genius of creativity can spark one’s own creativity. I often find my creativity through doing other creative things, such as painting, drawing, photographing or even creating a culinary masterpiece. Yet, it is in finding that spark that makes my heart sing, and prompts me continuously to type.  Writing is not a hobby or a job; it is my passion!

Can you imagine a world where your passion didn’t exist? For me, writing is that way. I love it, and nothing compares to truly being able to put pen to paper (or rather fingertips to keyboard). Almost on par with that is my love for a great story, to not only create them, but to also read them.  When a story transports you to faraway places, it somehow enriches your life and those quiet moments become even more special.
Be forewarned though because I genre hop! It depends on my mood on what I am looking forward to reading. It is sort of like having a taste for Italian or spicy Thai. My reading pleasure is derived from variety.
Through my Kindle, I discovered great new authors, and was able to read old favorites. This year, I’ve enjoyed several great books (new and old). One that always freaks me out, is RED DRAGON by Thomas Harris. This book was one of the first thriller/suspense novels that I had the pleasure of reading, when I was younger. It introduced me to the great Hannibal Lector and made me have a visceral response.  Re-reading it in 2012, it still gave me the chills. That story transported me to another time and place, and introduced me to an evil personified.

But, I also read great romances, such as A LITTLE BIT OF DÉJÀ VU by Laurie Kellog, where I couldn’t help but fall in love with a story about second chances at first love; or the great women’s fiction by Sarka-Jonae Miller called IN BETWEEN BOYFRIENDS, about a woman looking for herself and true love.
By giving other genres a chance, I’ve grown so much in understanding the beauty of story and it made me think about me as a writer. Since I enjoy reading in so many different directions, maybe I would enjoy writing in different genres. I’m not sure where that thought will lead me, but I know that because I love words, I’m sure I will continue to write the stories I enjoy to read, regardless of genres, word counts or settings.
I am currently working on book 3 of the  Xandy Caras series, and am already plotting to discover what tales lay in my imagination. Who knows, maybe it will still be a suspense, but with a paranormal element, or maybe it will be a heartfelt sweet romance, or even an outright horror story. I hope you will join me in this adventurous journey, because what I promise you is a great story!
What stories did you read in 2012 that you would recommend? I’m always looking for another wonderful story to devour.



I love a book that keeps me turning pages and holds me all the way to the very last page.  To top it off I love a book that surprises me at the end.  THOU SHALL NOT was an engaging read that was not only interesting, but had great characters, great dialogue and a fantastic quick paced, well plotted story.  A hit overall...cannot wait to see where this author takes us next.  4 stars.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emily for having me on your wonderful blog and for allowing me an opportunity to introduce myself to your fabulous readers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...