Saturday, May 5, 2012

SHOWCASE: The Throwbacks (The Scotland Yard Exchange Program) by Stephanie Queen

The Throwbacks (The Scotland Yard Exchange Program)



Publication Date: November 13, 2011

Romantic Times Book Review:

4 1/2 Stars "Resplendent in rich detail, laugh-out-loud moments, a fast-paced plot and spellbinding characters, The Throwbacks is a stellar not-to-be-missed standout!" Diane Morasco

Description:

She’s a vivacious, light-hearted young beauty from Beacon Hill.

He’s a world-weary not-so-young exile from Scotland Yard.

She’s an orphaned decorator who longs for a family of her own.

He’s a rogue detective with a superhero complex.

She’s smitten with this superhero who is the last man she sees in the picket-fence picture of her future.

He’s smitten with this fluffy young romantic who he sees as kryptonite to his career and well being.

But if you saw Grace and David in a room full of people, and you had to pick one man and one woman who belonged together, you would pick them. They would be The Throwbacks.

Vivacious young decorator Grace Rogers sets her sights for that picket-fence life she longs for with the unlikely world-weary British exile, the not-so-young David Young. The ex-Scotland Yard detective joins the Boston Police Department to salvage his career. He hires Grace to decorate his Beacon Hill townhouse to salvage his life.

But this rogue detective’s plans for a new beginning are threatened when he can’t resist the seemingly unseemly romance with his too-young bombshell decorator. Grace turns out to be a key witness in his high-stakes kidnapping case--and like Kryptonite to his career and his well-being with her romantic notions of family life.

David put his life on the line to save her from the kidnappers, but now is Grace willing to put her dreams on the line to save her real-life superhero from himself?

***********************************
Image of Stephanie Queen
Once upon a time, there was a young story teller in the kingdom...er, queendom.  Then she grew up and... er, no... she never actually did grow up.  That's not to say she didn't get old, or more old, but not terribly old, more like middle-aged really.  Okay, so she was no longer short and cute.

But really, I always did like to make up stories.  Still do.  Still live in my own little world--where I'm Queen.  Of the Queendom.  Hence, the name.  (Or whence the name?)  Oh, what's in a name anyway.

Now I'm sure you're wondering how I manage to live, but I assure you I am quite competent.  Except I couldn't get the crown to actually sit on my head in the picture to the left.  Still learning...

Oh, about me.  I love cats.  I have a girl cat, a princess technically. Named Kitty.  No, I'm serious.  Long story.  No, I don't have time.  Or space. 

Okay, so I do not have the inclination. 

More about me.  I spend hours, days, weeks, months (you get the picture) sitting at my desk, looking out the window of my castle/bedroom and writing complete fabrications in a romantic whimsical vein.  Alright, if you insist, you can call the writing quirky.  But I do keep myself amused.

Yes, it's true, and entirely believable, I do have a college degree.  I'm not saying when I obtained said degree, however.  Go UConn!

Where do I live (for real) you ask?  Among the picturesque lake-filled hills and dales (not sure what a dale is) of New Hampshire (the Granite State) (Live Free or Die) (Tough choice, but there's a lot of tough people around here).
What else do I do besides write presumably fabulous "R"omantic stories with noble heroes and amazing, warm heroines who you want to be just like?  As if that's not enough, I sometimes deign to teach, cook for the two gigantic very well-muscled sons and try to make sure Kitty doesn't take over the house while I'm away in the Queendom. (That's no joke.  The cat's a control freak.)

I actually have a very rich non-imaginary life.  Right at the moment, however, I can't think for the life of me what else it's all about.  Maybe I'll think more about it later and get back to you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...