Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Q&A with debut author Dina Silver

Image of Dina Silver
Dina Silver
Author, mom, friend, adoring wife, online Scrabble junkie, red wine drinker, Bon Jovi lover, Daily Show watcher, cheese fry fanatic, and debut novelist.


Q.  What inspires your writing?

A.  Caffeine

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an author?

A.  People think I’m smart

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an author?

A.  People think I’m smart

Q.  If you could not be author, what would you do/be?

A. If I could not be an author, and IF I could act, I would be an actress.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A.  Eat. Drink. Love.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A.  Pride & Prejudice

Q.  Which character from any book are you most like?

A.  I related a lot to Skeeter in The Help. I’m very hard to offend, and she seemed to have an ability to forge ahead, regardless of what was happening around her, and not sweat the small stuff.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Summer. Have you been to Chicago in January?

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. My son took my book to school and pointed out all the swear words to his classmates.

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A.  Sure am! My second book, Kat Fight, comes out in the spring.

Q.  You appear to have a funny sense of humor (which I appreciate, share and love)...what is something embarrassing you did that made to laugh at yourself?

A. I tried to open a tube of Krazy Glue with my teeth once (after my mother told me not to). Had to scrape the glue off my teeth with a razor blade. It wasn’t until much later…but I did eventually laugh.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A.  Just thanks for your interest, and if you do get a chance to read One Pink Line…please drop me a line and let me know what you thought. I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks!
Check out more about Dina HERE
 One Pink Line

Book Description

October 20, 2011
Can the love of a lifetime be forever changed by one pink line? Dina Silver’s tender, absorbing novel, One Pink Line, is the warmhearted, wry story of love, loss and family, as seen through the prism of one singular, spirited young couple who find themselves in a predicament that changes the course of their lives, and those closest to them. With heart, humor and compassion, this debut work of women’s fiction is certain to stir anyone who relishes a good laugh, can stand a good cry, and, above all believes in the redemptive power of love. This unique, contemporary story gives readers a dual perspective. Sydney Shephard, a sweet-tempered, strong-natured college senior is young, in love with an exceptional man, and unexpectedly pregnant. Faced with a child she never planned for, she is forced to relay this news to her neurotic mother, relinquish her youth, and risk losing the love of her life. Then there’s Grace, a daughter, who believed she was a product of this great love, grows to realize her existence is not what she assumed, and is left with profound and puzzling questions about who she really is. Spanning generations and every imaginable emotion, One Pink Line reveals how two points of view can be dramatically at odds, and perhaps ultimately reconciled. Simultaneously deeply felt and lighthearted, One Pink Line deftly mines how the choices we make are able to alter so many lives, and how doing the right thing and living honestly can bring unexpected, hard-won happiness. It’s a must-read for anyone who craves a great love story, absorbing characters, and plenty of laughs along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...