Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Showcase with review: French Coast by Anita Hughes

22537671

Serena has the job she's always dreamed of and Chase, the man her heart never dared to. As a new editor at Vogue, she bags the biggest interview of the year with Yvette Renault, the infamous former editor of French Vogue, in The Carlton-InterContinental Hotel during the Cannes Film Festival. She eagerly jets off to France while Chase stays home, working with her father, a former senator, on his upcoming mayoral campaign.

Everything feels unbelievably perfect...until it doesn't. The hotel loses her reservation hours before her big interview. Serena fears that she'll have to go home without her story, but then she meets Zoe, a quirky young woman staying in the suite below Yvette's who invites Serena to stay with her. Serena is grateful for her mysterious roommate's generosity, but it seems that there's more to her story than meets the eye. To make matters worse, soon after arriving in Cannes, Serena learns a shocking secret about her parents' marriage, and it isn't long before she begins to question her own relationship.With her deadline looming and pressure mounting, Serena will have to use her investigative journalism skills, new 
friendships, and a little luck to get her life and love back on track. Fast paced and impeccably written, 
French Coast will draw readers in to the intoxicating world of the Cote D'Azur. Hughes' beautiful prose and sense imagery bring the food, fashion, and feel of the ocean to life in this audacious new novel.

Anita HughesAnita Hughes was born in Sydney, Australia. She attended UC Berkeley's Masters in Creative Writing program. She is the author of MONARCH BEACH, MARKET STREET, LAKE COMO, FRENCH COAST and the forthcoming ROME IN LOVE, published by St. Martin's Press.






Set in an an amazing location with interesting characters, food, fashion and fun, FRENCH COAST is a great book to take a vacation inside of.  You will be whisked away to the French Coast and will feel like you are there in person...seeing the sights, smelling the smell, living the life.  This story is one that will grab the chick lit loving reader and not let them go.   There is a little something for everyone and each reader will be craving a little bit more.  4 stars




Interview with Anita


Q.  What inspires your writing?
A. Gorgeous locations inspire my writing because when I write I imagine I am there.
Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an writer?
A.  I have many favorite things – I love interacting with readers and hearing how my characters affect them and I love just sitting down and writing the story.
Q.  What is the toughest part of being an writer?
A.   I honestly don’t find anything about being a writer tough. I have always enjoyed writing, even long before I was published.
Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A. I would probably work in a bookstore because I love talking about books. And be a mother of course, it is the best thing in the world.
Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A. LAGUNA BEACH – because that’s where I live and I love it!
Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A.   OLD SINS by Penny Vencenzi or THE RAZOR’S EDGE by Somerset Maugham
Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A.  I read so many books, I really couldn’t say.
Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
 A.    I hope I’m like Serena in FRENCH COAST. She is quite strong and knows what she wants.
 Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A.    Any book by Sophie Kinsella. She creates wonderful characters and they seem to be having so much fun.
Q.  What do you want to be remembered for 100 years from now?
A.    Mainly having been a good mother (and hopefully a good grandmother). But also, giving my readers pleasure by taking them somewhere wonderful and giving them a good story.
Q.  What is your favorite season?
A.   Summer! I love wearing flip-flops and walking to the beach every day.
Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A.  I love all my book covers but I have to say, St. Martin’s Press outdid themselves with FRENCH COAST!
Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A. Once, on my book tour for my debut, MONARCH BEACH, someone asked a very personal question that made everyone in the audience blush – the funny thing is the person asking the question was my son, who was ten at the time!
Q.  Are you working on something new?
A.   My next book, ROME IN LOVE, will be released on August 4th. It is set in Rome and about a young actress
Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  I have always been a huge reader so I appreciate all readers and am grateful for their interest and support of my books.


BUY THE BOOK:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...